3 acres of land were donated by James Horne, January 2, 1829 for the site of the church and academy. The church and acadamy were incorporated in 1860. The trustees were David P. Brown, Oliver P. Bonner, Thomas Morris, Thomas Horne, and Oscar V. Brown.
Church History is available at United Methodist Church (U.S.) North Georgia Conference Local church histories, MSS 028, Archives and Manuscripts Dept., Pitts Theology Library, Emory University. Box/Folder 22/12 Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church, Milledgeville; 1946-1974.
Source: ACTS OF THE GENERAL
ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA, PASSED IN MILLEDGEVILLE, AT AN ANNUAL
SESSION IN NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER, 1860.