John Jasper, was born November 3, 1849, and we are told he came to Brantley County (then Wayne) with his sister, Sara Ann (Sallie), from Glennville, Georgia (Wadley), above Swainsboro, Georgia. On January 3, 1873, John Jasper married the beautiful Miss Margaret Johns, daughter of Jeremiah Jackson Johns (1831-1916) and Mary Walker.
John Jasper and Margaret Johns Blocker made their home at Hickox, Georgia. During his life time John worked as a timber man, and saw mill worker. These were the occupational industries in Hickox at that time. Both the Peter S. Knox's saw mill, and the Gautier Retort Plant were located, westward across the railroad tracks, within a half mile of his home in Hickox. John and Margaret raised nine children:
(1) Joseph Jackson (Josie), born December 28, 1873, and married Roselee (Rosie) Crosby. Josie died in Brantley County on July 23, 1944, and is buried at New Hope Cemetery at Hickox.
(2) James David (Bud), born December 8, 1875, and on April 29, 1896 married Isabella (Belle) Wainright. Bud died on December 4, 1928, and is buried at New Hope Cemetery at Hickox.
(3) Bessie Lee (Sis), born January 18, 1877, and on May 4, 1892 married John Reed Rowell. Sis died On January 5, 1955 in California.
(4) John Dunwood, born April 24, 18880, and on April 4, 1901 married Eliza Margaret (Maggie) Highsmith (born January 1, 1884); born January 1, 1884. Dunwood died on August 4, 1951, and Maggie on July 27, 1928. Both are buried at New Hope Cemetery, at Hickox.
(5) Patrick (Pat) Henry, born January 27, 1882, and on February 18, 1906 married Anna Elizabeth Wainright (born April 26, 1884), daughter of Noah Thomas and Elizabeth Knox Wainright. Pat died November 1, 1944, and Anna on November 13, 1951; both are buried at New Hope Cemetery at Hickox.
(6) Mary Nevada, born June 10, 1887, and on February 5, 1905 married Fred Herbert Blackie. Mary died June 6, 1962.
(7) Martha Nora, born July 10, 1893, and on February 16, 1908, married John Henry Hoss. Nora died November 22, 1932 in Hickox, and is buried at New Hope Cemetery.
(8) Martin Luther (Bub), born September 30, 1894, and on August 17, 1913 married Laura Bell Crews. Bub died on January 15, 1947.
(9) Jesse Earle born July 9, 1898, and on December 29, 1934, married Julia Wells in Sanford (Seminole Co.) Florida. Jesse died on December 10, 1963 in Jacksonville (Duval Co.), Florida.
At the time of John Jasper's death, he is believed to have lived with or near his oldest son, Josie and his wife Rosie, whose home was about a half mile south of John's old home place, near Hickox. John Jasper died December 13, 1928, and Margaret Johns Blocker on October 7, 1941. Both are buried at the New Hope Cemetery, at Hickox, Georgia. Hickox is located 3 1/2 miles south of Nahunta, Georgia.
We owe a debt of thanks to Howard Rubye Hoss Moody, and their son Robert (Bob) Moody for their extensive research into the John Jasper Blocker and Margaret Johns family.