Waynesville, Brantley County,
Georgia, Named after Revolutionary War Hero, General "Mad" Anthony B. Wayne, is
located near the old Post Road which is the dividing line between the counties of
Brantley and Glynn. In early pioneer days, Waynesville was a refuge for many weary
stage coach traveler. It was also an in-land sanctuary for the coastal island plantation
families. There is no wonder that it was selected as the first county site for Wayne
County in 1829.