George Bates Drury was born January 1846 to George and Harriett (Copeland) Drury. He married Harriet Emmaline "Aunt Pink" Copeland, daughter of James and Harriett (Chesser) Copeland. She was born August 18, 1845 in Appling County, Georgia and died December 23, 1931. George died after 1900. They are buried in Mt. Olive Cemetery.
George Bates Drury enlisted as a private into CO B 29th Georgia Cavalry Confederate States Army.
Children of George and Harriett were:
1. Samuel Clayborne Mills, born November 15, 1870, died March 10, 1938, married 1st Mary Popwell daughter of Marion and Jane Eugenia (Manning) Popwell, born November 03, 1880 and died August 21, 1905. 2nd marriage Daisy "Nevada" Jacobs, March 28, 1906, daughter of Bryant and Frances (Gibson) Jacobs; She was born March 11, 1889 and died August 22, 1959. They are buried in Mt. Olive Cemetery.
2. Thomas "Buddy," born October 07, 1873 and died February 05, 1965. He married Emma Elizabeth Brown May 28, 1897. She was born November 29, 1878 and died December 12, 1915. They are buried in Mt. Olive Cemetery.
3. Mary Frances, born August 06, 1876, died June 24, 1919, married 1st Isham Bayard "Brady" Manning, 1905, son of Isham Brady Sr, and Elizabeth Jane "Janie" ( Crosby ) Manning. Born April 01, 1882, January 29, 1929, married 2nd, Day. Mary and Isham are buried in Mt. Olive Cemetery.
4. George Preston, March 22, 1878 and died February 28, 1958. He married Janie Warner in 1909. She was born in 1888 and died April 04, 1931. George is buried in Mt. Olive Cemetery. Janie is buried in the Ammons-Warner-Spell Cemetery.
5. Herman B., born December 02, 1882, Wayne County, died July 23 1958, Browntown, Brantley County. He married 1st Amanda A. B. Manning, daughter of Isham and Elizabeth ( Crosby ) Manning. She was born January 13, 1888 and died January 25, 1958 in Browntown. They are buried in Mt. Olive Cemetery.
6. Anson C., born September 14, 1886 and died January 21, 1903, youth. Buried in Mt. Olive Cemetery.
Resources: "Brantley County History Book" by Brantley County Historical and Preservation Society; "Cemeteries and More" by Brantley County Historical and Preservation Society; Researched and typed by Gaynell H. Sasser.
Granddaughter Louise Drury Jones ordered this grave marker for her grandfather. Ernest Frye delivered marker to Mt. Olive Cemetery.