James J. "Jimmy" Hendrix was born October 25, 1829 in Tattnall County, Georgia to John J. Hendricks and Elmira Jemima Brewton. He married 1st Nancy Hurst, daughter of William and Elizabeth Hurst, born March 1852 in Appling County, Georgia and died January 1920; He married 2nd Martha. Jimmy died after 1900. Jimmy and Nancy are buried in Oak Grove Cemetery in the Raybon Community.
James J. Hendrix served in Company D, 61st Georgia Infantry, Confederate States Army.
Children of James and Nancy Hendrix are:
1. Moses, born August 14, 1874 in Charlton County and died June 11, 1962 in Charlton County, married Bertha Johns December 08, 1908 in Charlton County, daughter of Israel and Bathsheba (Dowling) Johns, born May 22, 1895 in Charlton County and died June 28, 1967 in Charlton County. They are buried in Corinth Cemetery, Charlton County.
2. Elias L., born March 05, 1877, died October 21, 1948, married 1st Ardelia "Deelie" Willis; born August 19, 1888 and died May 15, 1977, married 2nd Lilla Morgan. Elias and Deelie are buried in Oak Grove Cemetery in Raybon Community.
3. Queen, born November 28, 1881; died September 17, 1951, She married William Seward Wilson, son of Robert and Mary (Lewis) Wilson. He was born June 12, 1883 in Charlton County and died June 07, 1935. Queen and William are buried in Oak Grove Cemetery in the Raybon Community.
4. Minnie Mae, born January 28, 1881 Charlton County, died December 17, 1967 Brantley County, married Joseph Sinclair "Joe" Wilson, born June 12, 1879, died June 07, 1879, Wayne County, died June 07 1955. Minnie and Joseph are buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Raybon.
5. Fountain Daniel "Fount," born March 03, 1887 Charlton County, died December 17, 1967 Dade City, Fl.; married Nora Lee Strickland, January 15, 1922 in Brantley County, daughter of Alfonso and Rosa (Douglas) Strickland. She was born September 03, 1903 in Pierce County, died September 17, 1976 in Monroe County, FL. Both are buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Raybon.
6. Elizabeth "Lizzie," born July 25, 1889, died June 15, 1950, married William Erwin Willis, December 19, 1907, son of James and Mary (Jenkins) Willis. He was born January 25, 1876 in Wayne County and died August 31, 1966. They are buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Raybon.
7. Nancy, born May 03 1890, died December 31, 1968, married Allen Corbett Lewis, son of Joseph and Nancy ( Hurst ) Lewis. He was born February 27, 1894 in Wayne County, and died June 30, 1953 in Brantley County. They are buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Raybon.
8. Martha, born March 07, 1895, died December 20, 1978, married Lester Martin Gunter, Sr. January 22, 1921 in Brantley County, son of Banner and Martha (Dowling) Gunter. He was born September 29, 1902 in Wayne County and died March 12, 1976 in Memorial Hospital in Waycross. They are buried in High Bluff Cemetery near Schlatterville.
Information from Jerry Van Herrin's notes; "Cemeteries & More" edition 2 by Brantley County Historical Society.