Benjamin Franklin Hickox was born April 23, 1837 to David Jonathan and Sarah (Altman) Hickox. He married Elizabeth Crews, daughter of Micajah and Emalizer (Robinson) Crews. She was born May 15, 1843 in Pierce County and died October 24, 1911. Benjamin died October 30, 1920. Benjamin is buried in Dave Hickox Cemetery near Hoboken. Elizabeth is buried in High Bluff Cemetery.
Benjamin Franklin Hickox enlisted into the Confederate Army on May 1, 1862 as a Private in Companies A and K (Clinch's) Georgia Cavalry. No record of his separation date.
Children of Benjamin and Elizabeth:
1. Mary, born November 10, 1860, Pierce County, died March 23, 1938, married William “Bill” King son of Luvenia King. He was born November 11, 1856 in Ware County, and died March 12, 1913. They are buried in New Hope Cemetery in the Hickox Community.
2. David, born about 1865, Pierce County. We don’t have the name of his wife, but they had seven children.
3. Sibley, born about 1868, Pierce County.
4. Archibald Hardee, born December 22, 1876.
5. Newton Riley, born August 07, 1881, Charlton County, died February 08, 1934. He married Marcella Celestie “Zillie” Aldridge daughter of Isham and Emenizer (Altman) Aldridge. She was born January 21, 1881, Fort Mudge, Georgia and died December 14, 1963 in Pierce County.
6. Leta “Leety,” born 1882, died January 29, 1933; She married Ozias Solar Chancey February 02, 1902 in Charlton County. He was born July 09, 1879 and died January 16, 1922 . They are buried in Sardis Cemetery in Charlton County.
7. Raymond, born about 1885.
8. James Rance, born January 15, 1890 in Bradford County, Florida. He died March 24, 1976 in Ware County. He married Ellen Leila Elizabeth Strickland February 21, 1912 in Pierce County. She was born January 07, 1891 in Bibb County, Georgia and died December 01, 1971 in Ware County.
Source: Jerry Van Herrin’s files.
Military service was researched and a grave stone was ordered by Gaynell H. Sasser on October 13, 2004, and was installed by Jerry Van Herrin on January 13, 2005.