Edward Benjamin Jones was born March 23, 1847 to James Perry and Sarah (Mizell) Jones and died February 07, 1911 . He married Rebecca Jane Tucker, December 28, 1870, daughter of Isaac and Elizabeth (Brown) Tucker. She was born July 02, 1851 and died March 26, 1936. They are buried in New Hope Cemetery in Hickox Coumunity, Brantley County, Georgia.
Edward B. Jones served in the Confederate States Army as a Private. He served in Company I, 4th Georgia Calvary.
Children of Edward and Rebecca Jones:
1. Everette Edward, born November 11, 1871 in Charlton County, Georgia. He married Margaret Elizabeth “Betty” Highsmith November 06, 1898, daughter of John and Nancy (Jones) Highsmith, born December 04, 1871 and died December 24, 1943 in Waycross, Georgia. Everette died March 15, 1960 in Glynn County, Georgia. They are buried in New Hope Cemetery, Hickox, Georgia.
2. Julia Ann Satilla, born March 22, 1874 and died May 30, 1899. She married James Franklin Highsmith about 1890, son of John and Nancy (Jones) Highsmith; he was born October 10, 1860 in Wayne County, Georgia, and died May 12, 1932 in Georgia. They are buried in New Hope Cemetery.
3. Eustace Francis Jones, born November 13, 1876 and died February 22, 1960, married Viola S. Stokes, born about 1880.
4. Mary Isabelle “Belle,” born February 06, 1879, Wayne County and died October 05, 1973, married Barney Clinton Dixon, February 10, 1897, son of James and Clara (Lewis) Dickson. He was born November 05, 1869 in Patterson, Pierce County, Georgia and died June 09, 1908 in Ware County, Georgia. They are buried in Shiloh Cemetery, Pierce County, Georgia.
5. Owen King, born November 13, 1883, and died February 12, 1924 married Nancy DePratter. Owen is buried in New Hope Cemetery.
6. Perry Stallings, born April 12, 1884 and died October 10, 1945. He married Ethel S. Stokes. Perry is buried in New Hope Cemetery.
7. Isaac Tucker, born November 22, 1885 and died August 04, 1930. He married Michael Dorinda Morgan, daughter of Gordon and Queen (Moody) Morgan. She was born December 13, 1888 and died October 13, 1953. They are buried in New Hope Cemetery.
8. Gehu Paxton, born May 17, 1890, and died September 09, 1894; buried in New Hope Cemetery.
NOTE: CSA tombstone researched and ordered by Magistrate Judge Huey R. Ham (Retired).