Sherrod Sheffield "Sheard" Kelly was born December 04, 1834 in Wayne County to John W. and Nancy (Ammons) Kelly and he died February 27, 1904. He married Charity Martha Ann "Annie" Lewis December 14, 1865; daughter of Susannah Lewis. She was born November 10, 1847, and died November 19, 1915. They are buried at Ammons-Warner (Spell) Cemetery at Atkinson, Georgia.
Sherrod Sheffield Kelly enlisted into the Confederate Army on July 29, 1861 as a Private in Company C, 26th Georgia Volunteer Infantry and was separated on November 4, 1864.
Children of Sherrod and Charity Kelly were:
1. John Caswell, born November 27, 1866 in Georgia; died April 10, 1934, Milledgeville, Georgia. He married Minnie Lee Herrin, daughter of Aaron and Esther (Minchew) Herrin; born September 19, 1875 in Georgia and died February 20, 1919. Both are buried in Pilgrims Rest Cemetery near Waynesville, Georgia.
2. Jessie Lewis, born June 08, 1869 and died November 10, 1896; Jessie is buried in Willis Cemetery near Raybon, Georgia.
3. Nancy E., born about 1874.
4. Charity Mae, born May 16, 1875 in Wayne County, Georgia; died July 08 1959 in Brantley County. She married Dred B. Allen between 1898-1899, son of George and Mary (Grooms) Allen. He was born April 16, 1875 in Charlton County and died February 21, 1935. They are buried in New Hope Cemetery in the Hickox Community.
5. Charles G., born 1876. He married Hattie Daniel, born about 1880.
6. James Robert, born October 22, 1878, Camden County and died March 12, 1961 in Waverly, Georgia. He married Hattie Maude Harrelson daughter of Kenneth and Martha (Rozier) Harrelson. She was born February 09, 1885 and died January 25, 1934. They are buried in Pilgrims Rest Cemetery.
7. Sherrod Vanburen, born July 02, 1882, died February 22, 1918, buried in Pilgrims Rest Cemetery.
8. Chester A., born September 04, 1886.
Military service was researched and a stone was ordered by Gaynell H. Sasser on August 25, 2004, and was placed by Jerry Van Herrin on October 28, 2004.