Betty Jean Ammons McGuire, Larry & Don Durbin, Malva Tootle (Wayne Co.), Christine Proctor, and Jerry Van Herrin.
Brantley was created by the Georgia Legislature in 1920. The Amendment to the Georgia Constitution on August 14, 1920, with the election of county officers occurring in December 1920. These newly elected officers began serving the County on January 1, 1921. The issuance of Brantley County marriage licenses also began on that date. Prior to that date, marriage licenses were issued by our mother counties; Charlton, Pierce, and Wayne.
Brantley County Marriage Books (1921 - Jun 2008) are available at the Nahunta Library on U.S. highway 82, or can be ordered through mail, c/o Brantley County Historical and Preservation Society, Inc., Post Office Box 1096, Nahunta, Georgia, 31553..