usflag

BRANTLEY COUNTY HISTORICAL AND PRESERVATION SOCIETY,

P.O. BOX 1096, Nahunta, Georgia 31553

This page was updated April, 17, 2014

MINERAL SPRINGS AT WAYNESVILLE

MINERAL SPRINGS CHANGES HANDS

Waynesville, Ga. Aug. Mr. Dan T. Cowart, well known Waycross man, announces that negotiations for the Mineral Springs located near Waynesville in this county have been closed. Four-hundred and seventy-one acres of land was included in the sale.

 

These springs have a swimming pool, a colonial mansion, and an artesian well on the grounds. The water of the springs, according to information received from Mr. Cowart, have been analyzed and the report of analysis show that they are both healing and beneficial, which brings to mind the old story, supposedly to have been related by "old timers" of this section to the effect that the Indian tribes of ancient times cured all their ailments with the waters of these springs. Plans for improvement are under consideration and temporary bath houses are now being constructed to accommodate the swimming enthusiast on September 3rd, 1928.

 

FISH FRY GIVEN AT MINERAL SPRINGS

 

Nahunta, Ga., Feb 28, 1929... Quite a number of Nahunta folks enjoyed a "fish fry" at Mineral Springs near Waynesville Friday night. Those attending were Misses Evelyn Howard, Mildred Johns, Ruby Smith, Georgia Duggan, Gladys Butler, Myrtle Stokes, Elizabeth Jones, Alice Bulson, Lizzie Knox, Elaine Drury, Muriel and Faye Bennett, Messrs F. Henderson, Alvin Stokes, Clyde Knox, Russell Hodges, Avery Strickland Virgil Strickland, Estell Bennett, Stanton Hilton, and Mr. and Mrs. M. C. Bennett, Mr. and Mrs. J. F. Bennett, Mr. and Mrs. G. H. Brooker.

 


1. Old Mineral Springs Stucco Building


2. Evidence of Old Mineral Springs Water Well


RETURN TO WAYNESVILLE HOME PAGE