John G. Moore Age 16 Male Born GA
Mary R. Moore Age 7 Female Born GA
Sarah E. Moore Age 5 Female Born GA
Martha Moore Age 2 Female Born GA
James J. (Jasper) Age 7/12 mo. Male Born GA
John G. (probably Gordon) married Hester Rewis. John and Hester lived next to Banner Thomas, just southeast of the present firetower on Rt. 82 between Hoboken and Nahunta - Lot # 238.
The two sons John and James Jasper remained in the present Brantley County area. Not much is known about the girls. One daughter named Vieanna is thought to have married a Clark and lived in FL. James Jasper Moore married Altie Crews and they have many relatives in Brantley County. Both are buried in New Hope.
My great-grandfather was John Gordon Moore born about 1856; died 1920's. Hester Rewis wife; born unknown; died 1930's. Their Children were:
1. William Washington Moore, born January 31, 1883; died May 26, 1941. Married Mollie King, daughter of William A.; born September 12, 1889; died April 10, 1975; both buried Moore Cemetery. These are my grandparents.
2. James Manning Moore, born 1883; died 1961. Married Viola? 2nd marriage Minnie ?
3. Mitilda Moore, born November 13, 1886; died November 18, 1957.
Married Calvin L. King, both buried Moore Cemetery.
4. Walter M. Moore, born January 16, 1892; died November 3, 1868. Married Clara? They lived in SC. Walter and Manning buried Moore Cemetery.
5. Jesse Moore, born January 31, 1894; died December 11, 1972. 1st Married Ocie Johns, daughter of Jim B, born unknown; died unknown. 2nd Married Lucille Griffis, born November 5, 1914.
6. John Henry Moore, born February 2, 1900; died December 27, 1957. Married Nevada Jacobs, daughter of Lee, born May 16, 1909, died December 20, 1976, both buried at New Hope.
7. Arthur Moore, born May 10, 1901; died December 5, 1956. Married Ocie Jacobs daughter of Lee; born August 1, 1907, died August 26, 1998. Both buried at New Hope. Bill Moore, a son, is a land developer in Brantley County. Bill's son, Robert, was an elected County Commissioner in Brantley County.
8. Allen Moore, born May 12, 1906, died December 26, 1972. Married 1st, Fannie Crews, born unknown; died unknown. 2nd Annie Laura Johns daughter of Everett; born unknown, died unknown. Allen buried at Moore Cemetery.
Two other known children: 9. Lillie died young. 10. Moultry was killed while a young man. Both buried Moore Cemetery.
Sources: U.S. Census records, Brantley County Cemetery records, and My mother, Vermell Griffin.