Berrie Walker Morgan was born October 30, 1838 and died November 26, 1916, son of Samuel B. and Keziah (Walker) Morgan. Berrie married 1st Telitha “Lytha” Ammons in 1860, Wayne Co. Ga. Telitha was born October 09, 1843 and died July 17, 1902, daughter of Sherod Sheffield and Jane Ammons. Berrie married 2nd Elizabeth Underwood May 18, 1904, Wayne Co. born 1833. Berrie and Telitha are buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Raybon Community.
Berrie Walker Morgan enlisted in the Confederate Army on February 11, 1862, as a private in Company A, 4th (Clinch's) Georgia Cavalry. He was a prisoner of war in Florida and was paroled and separated from service on May 25, 1865 at Thomasville, Ga.
Children of Berrie and Telitha were:
1) James Azall, born Sept. 21, 1860, and died Oct. 14, 1905. He married Jane “Janie” Keen, daughter of David and Sarah (Morgan) Keen. She was born Mar. 20, 1855, and died Aug 12, 1906. They are buried in Rob Lewis Cemetery in the Raybon Community.
2) Mitchell Hamilton, born about 1861.
3) Gordon Westberry, born about 1863. He married Laura K.
4) Pliny Pshaw, born Dec. 09, 1865 and died. Aug. 07, 1907. He married Emily Elmina Tanner, daughter of Warren and Zilphia (Moore) Tanner. She was born about 1866 in Coffee Co., and died 1921. They are buried in Rob Lewis Cemetery.
5) Noel Lawson, born Sept. 02, 1867, Wayne Co. and died July 29, 1936, in Wayne Co. He married Lovie Thomas in 1890. She was born October 15, 1874 and died October 03, 1944. They are buried in Screven Cemetery, Screven, Ga.
6) Rufus Highson, born about 1868.
7) Materie Unsula, born about 1869.
8) Lytha Viola, born about 1870.
9) Michell (Mitchal) Jane, born April 10, 1871 and died August 20, 1937. She married Daniel Webster “Webb” Highsmith, son of Daniel and Mary Margaret (Jones) Highsmith. He was born December 11, 1861 and died Mar. 15, 1929. They are buried in Smyrna Cemetery, Lulaton community.
10) Adam Cecil Sr., born 20 Apr 1887, and died 28 Aug 1944. He married Levina Lee McDaniel. Their daughter, Minnie Myrtle "Betty" Morgan married Pernell Elvin Roberts Sr. (Their son Pernell Elvin Roberts Jr. played Adam Cartwright and Trapper John, MD.)
11) Ephraim Holton, born Dec. 13, 1875, and died Dec. 20. 1916. He married Daisy Gertrude Highsmith on Dec 24, 1896 in Wayne County. She was the daughter of Samuel Newton "Newt" and Theodocia (Riggins) Highsmith, and was born Oct. 14, 1878 and died Aug. 10, 1939. They are buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, in the Raybon Community.
12) Serena Elizabeth, born Mar. 25, 1878 and died Aug. 27, 1938. She married Raymond Colquitt Dowling, son of Banner Edwin and Annis “Anna” (Highsmith) Dowling. She was born Aug 25, 1873 and died Oct. 30, 1910. They are buried in New Hope Cemetery in Hickox Community.
13) Reuben Layton, born Aug. 16, 1879 and died Aug. 23, 1938. He married Lovie Crews daughter of David and Mary (Roberson) Crews. She was born about 1887 and died Jan. 24, 1924. Reuben is buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, Raybon Community. Lovie is buried in the Moore Cemetery, Hoboken, GA.
Child of Berrie and Elizabeth:
(1) Walker Morgan Morgan, born about 1905.
Military service was researched and a stone was ordered by Gaynell H. Sasser on July 22, 2004, and placed by Jerry Van Herrin on October 29, 2004.