Henry Prescott, *CSA* entered as a private in Co. I, 27th Regiment Georgia Infantry September 10, 1861. In Richmond, VA, hospital December 1861, furloughed for 20 days on account of sickness February 24, 1862. No record of discharge. Enlisted as a private in Co. K, 54th Regiment Georgia Infantry, April 18, 1862. Roll for February 28, 1863, last on file shows him present. Surrendered at Tallahassee, Fla. May 10, 1865. Paroled at Thomasville, GA. May 25, 1865.
Henry was born June 21, 1839 in Appling County, Baxley, Georgia, and died March 12, 1903 in Charlton County, Georgia. He married Jane Howard, daughter of Henry Howard and ??? Davis. Jane was born March 14, 1842 in Appling County, Georgia, and died February 12, 1902 in Charlton County, Georgia.
Children of Henry and Jane Howard Prescott are:
1) Jeanette Viola Prescott, born March 17, 1867, married Robert A. Gill.
2) John Allen Prescott, born November 18, 1868, Appling Co. died July 28, 1925 Charlton Co. married Cassie Oregon Ammons, daughter of James Bryant Ammons *CSA* and Catherine Robinson, born February 11, 1864, died September 11, 1935. John and Cassie are buried in Corinth Cemetery.
3) Claude Wilson Prescott, born November 16, 1870, Appling Co. died March 31, 1942, Charlton Co. married Hettie Ammons March 27, 1895 in Charlton Co. daughter of James Bryant Ammons*CSA* and Catherine Robinson, born March 22, 1869 died October 30, 1941. Claude and Hettie are buried in Corinth Cemetery .
4) Henry Oliver Prescott, born June 1872 married Mary Alice Wainright
5) Benjamin Simon Prescott, born December 6, 1875 Pierce County died October 19, 1951 Charlton Co. married Annie Clara Gibson November 22, 1896, Charlton Co. daughter of Rev. William Owen Gibson and Julia Ann Vickery. Annie was born March 4, 1877, Charlton Co. died December 28, 1949. Benjamin and Annie are buried in Corinth Cemetery .
6) Thomas Ditimus Prescott, Sr., born November 18, 1878 Pierce Co. died February 14, 1924 Brantley Co. He married 1st Deloris Lowther daughter of King Lowther and Mary Williams. She was born May 25, 1870 died 1898. He married 2nd Lula Missouri Wainright December 17, 1899, Charlton Co., daughter of Matthew Wainright and Rebecca Strickland. Lula was born March 3, 1874, died December 10, 1952. Thomas and Lula are buried in Pilgrims Rest Cemetery near Waynesville.
7) Joseph Lee Prescott, born October 23, 1880 died March 30, 1950 married Civility “Sibbie” Fonica Aldridge born about 1880. Joseph is buried in Corinth Cemetery. Civility is buried in Lowther Cemetery.
8) Levy James Prescott, born October 22, 1882, died February 11, 1888, died young. Buried in Corinth Cemetery.
9) Owen Melvin Prescott, born December 16, 1883, Charlton Co. died February 5, 1940. He married Mary Elvina Wildes, daughter of Alexander Wildes and Nancy Robinson. Mary was born October 14, 1889 Charlton Co., died April 10, 1967, Charlton Co. Owen and Mary are buried in Corinth Cemetery.
Gaynell Sasser, UDC President, Lawton-Gordon-Evans Brigade Chapter # 2637, United Daughters of the Confederacy, Nahunta, GA. ordered this marker November 6, 2005, arrived December 26, 2005. Great Grandson John Elvie Prescott, Riverside area, installed it in the Corinth Cemetery.