The Society is working on two new books and need your help with stories. Our guidelines and rules are listed below. Presently we have not established deadlines for the books, but ask you to get your stories in as soon as possible. You may contact any officer for help, if needed. Officers are Pres. Carl (Chuck) Connors, 912-462-7123,firstname.lastname@example.org, Vice-Pres. David Jacobs, 912-286-7218, email@example.com, 2nd Vice Pres. Betty McGuire, 912-281-5876, Treas. Christine Proctor, 912-778-4407, firstname.lastname@example.org Secretary, Geneva Wilson, 462-7988, Lwwg1@btconline.net, Pub. Dir. Dorothy Thomas, 912-265-7599, email@example.com
1. Up to 1500 words in each story free; thereafter you pay 10 cents per word. Do not include in your count the credits (sources), nor name and address of the person submitting the story. Please include this info, but we will not count this in your total words.
2. One 2 1/2, x 3 in. picture per story free, if more, there is a charge of $20.00 per picture of same size. Where possible, we prefer that original pictures be brought to us, so that they can be scanned and handed back to you. You may bring pictures of any size up to 8 x 10 in. and they will be sized for the book. If you email (or mail) a picture, please scan at 300 dpi and save as TIFF, if possible.
3. Do not use stories that are already in Volume 1.
4. List dates as day/month/year. For instance, 14 Feb 2009.
5. Memorial pages will be $100.00 per page, or $60.00 per half page, and may be pictures (size chosen by you), advertising, etc.
6. Material included is to be approved by the book committee.
We have found some errors in "Story of Brantley County, Georgia,” Vol. 1. Volume 2 will include a correction section. Please list any errors you may find, giving Story Number and Page Number and send to the Book Committee Chairperson, Dorothy Johns Thomas, 3844 Hwy. 82, Brunswick, GA 31523, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
GUIDELINES & RULES FOR THOSE WHO SERVED IN THE CONFEDERACY - No limit on words. Pictures will be 2 1/2 x 3 in., limit to 4 pictures OR if you have only one good quality pictures it may be enlarged to 4 times the size stated (5 x 6 in). Where possible, we prefer that original pictures be brought to us, so that they can be scanned and handed back to you. You may bring pictures of any size up to 8 x 10 in. and they will be sized for the book. If you email (or mail) a picture, please scan at 300 dpi and save as TIFF, if possible.
Let this story be on the Confederate and his immediate family. If you have other stories, please include them in the "Story of Brantley County, Georgia," Vol. 2. In writing the story, try to be as accurate as possible, however if you know a humorous story on your ancestor, please share it with us. Include your name, address, phone number, email, and sources.
List dates as day/month/year. For instance, 14 Feb 2009.
Material included is to be approved by the book committee.
Jerry Van Herrin is the Book Committee Chairperson for this book. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dedicated to the enrichment of the future through Research and Preservation of the past.