Welcome to the Cobb County GAGenWeb Site!
We hope you will find something of interest here or make contact with family
members or find that piece of information that breaks down a brick wall
in your family research. The work represented on this website is built on
the generosity of volunteers willing to freely share their time and efforts
with researchers just
like you. Besides the donations of transcriptions and pictures, some have
agreed to help you in your research (see the Look-ups section),
but please follow their instructions so that it is a mutually rewarding experience.
I am Beckie Watson, the County Coordinator and webmaster for this project. I
do not live in Cobb County but did for a short time in the late 60's. However,
family resided there and I have a slew of cousins in the surrounding area.
My grandparents lived in Smyrna and I fondly recall my visits and brief residence
there. I hope I am able to "bring alive" for you this wonderful county and
her past residents.
Features of our Website:
- History: We've included just
a little background on the creation of Cobb County.
- Geography: Current and historical maps which may help you pinpoint the area in which
your ancestors resided.
- Queries: A section where you can post a question about your Cobb County ancestor which
other researchers may be able to answer.
- Links: Hyperlinks to other websites that may provide you with additional genealogical
research information. In addition there is information for contacting the
county Probate Court clerk, the local library and the Cobb County Historical
- Look-ups: A list of volunteers who have access to print materials and are willing to
"look-up" information that may help you in your research.
- Surname Listings: A listing of researchers arranged by the surname(s) they are researching so that
you can connect with others researching the same surname.
- Resources: A section of resources our volunteers have compiled and posted online for you
This website is a proud participant in The GAGenWeb project, a subsidiary of The USGenWeb project. GenWeb projects
are volunteer efforts to provide
resources for genealogical research in every county and state
in the United States of America. Accept no substitutes! This is the
official Cobb County GAGenWeb site.