History of Decatur County Genealogical Society, Inc.
The Decatur County Genealogical Society was formed in 1995, and incorporated in 2013. IT IS IN NO WAY
AFFILIATED WITH ANY OTHER GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY IN DECATUR COUNTY.
1. To foster an interest in genealogy and related fields among its members and the general public through meetings workshops,
examinations of records, and the publication on a newsletter and/or a journal.
2. To educate the members and others on the sources and methods of genealogical research.
3. To collect, preserve, and safeguard manuscripts, books, artifacts, family, church and public records,
and other materials relating to genealogy in general and to specific genealogical lines.
4. To encourage others to preserve records of all kinds pertinent to genealogical research.
5. To provide an exchange of genealogical information among the members and others through our publications.
Last Revised: Tuesday, 05-Jul-2016 18:51:44 MDT
WebMaster Bill Fleming
Back To Main Page
© Copyrighted 2013-2016 by the Decatur County Genealogical Society, Inc.