The above buildings are on Georgia Avenue and Eighth Street in Chattanooga, TN. The steeple to the left is on Georgia Avenue and McCallie Avenue; this steeple was saved from the old Methodist Church that was at this site. The building in the center is the Dome Building; it was built in 1892. A local landmark, this building is topped with a gold dome cupola. The building on the right, across Eight Street on Georgia Avenue, is the former Carnegie Library and was built in 1904; it was Chattanooga's first public library.
Photograph made January 13, 2002
by Dorothy Smith Duff