Andrew Evans was born Feb. 12, 1847. Sarah Ann Hatfield, wife of Andrew Evans, was born Apr. 23, 1852.
Children of Andrew Evans and Sarah Ann Hatfield:
1. Martha Ann Evans was born Oct. 5, 1869.
2. Amanda Eveline Evans, was born Feb. 18, 1871.
3. Charles Franklin Evans, was born Feb. 23, 1872.
4. John Evans, was born Nov. 28, 1873.
5. Lillie Myrtle Evans, was born Apr. 29, 1875.
6. Carrie Priscilla Evans, was born May 12, 1877.
7. Mary Elizabeth Evans, was born June 23, 1878.
8. James Horace Evans, was born Feb. 9, 1880.
9. Harriett Docia Evans, was born Sept. 29, 1881.
10. Floyd Jackson Evans, was born Aug. 29, 1883.
11. Eliza Etta Evans, was born Sept. 8, 1885.
12. Maudie Agnes Evans, was born Sept. 8, 1887.
13. Willie Thomas Evans, was born Jan. 16, 1891.
Andrew Evans and Sarah Ann Hatfield, were married Oct. 15, 1868.
Henry Oscar Sikes (H. O., or Oscar) and Carrie Priscilla Evans were married May 12, 1895.
John Evans and Jutson Berryman were married Aug. 23, 1896.
Martha Evans and William Carter were married Oct. 1898.
Amanda Evans and Hartwell Brown were married May 1897.
James Evans and Fannie (Francis) Statham were married in 1907.
Charles Evans and Hattie Simmons were married 1906.
Floyd Evans and Lula Cash were married Aug. 1, 1909.
Lillie Evans and Charles Batchelor were married Jan. 1914.
Willie Thomas (W. T.) Evans and Marelle Barnette were married April 23, 1914.
Etta Evans and J. A. Crook were married Mar. 4, 1933.
Reuben Andrew Evans was the son of James J. Evans of Lumpkin County, GA, and grandson of Robert and Mahala (Granger) Evans, of Elbert County, GA. Lucinda Sarah Ann Hatfield was the daughter of George T. Hatfield, b. 1825 NC, and Elizabeth Laney Christopher, born May 1, 1828 NC. Andrew and Sarah Ann (Hatfield) Evans moved with their family to Jackson County from Lumpkin County, Georgia. The old Andrew Evans family home is still standing at 945 McNeal Road, Braselton, Georgia, and is still occupied. The majority of the members of the Evans family are buried in Walnut Fork Baptist Church Cemetery, Hoschton, Jackson County. The original family Bible is currently in the possession of Mr. Reese Evans, Hoschton, GA , the son of Floyd Evans, and grandson of Andrew Evans.
Contributed for use on this site by Virginia Moore, email@example.com July 2004
Return to Family Bible Index page