Coley's Mill

circa 1920

Coley's Mill  was located on Oothcaloga Creek on Georgia Highway 53 west of Calhoun. It was built about 1850 by J. P. King. Over the years it had many owners. It's not clear whether or not the mill survied the Civil War. If it was damaged it was rebuilt. Originally it was known as Oothcaloga Mill. At one time it was known as Logan's Mill, named after one of it's owners. It was demolished around 1955.

 

~ availability courtesy of Vanishing Georgia, Georgia Division of Archives and History, Office of Secretary of State.

 

 

 

 

 

The information contained on this website is submitted by volunteers and is not intended for commercial use. Unauthorized use of content in this website is strictly prohibited.


Compilation Copyright 2004, 2005, 2006 [Beth Shaw ]. All rights reserved.

web by