Established shortly after the war by Miss
Mary J. Green & Associates for burial of Con-
federate soldiers who fell at the Battle of
May 14, 1864, Maj. Gen. A. P. Stewart's Div.,
Hood's A. C. (rt. of Johnston's line) posted
600 yds. N. E. attacked Stanley's Div., 4th A.
C. near Nance's Spring and drove it N. W.
to old Union Ch. above the County Line.
May 15, Stewart again attacked the Federals
posted 1/4 mi. S. of the County Line (near
Scales house) but failed to dislodge Williams'
Div., 20th Corps.