– September 14, 2009
Jeri Ezell, John Norton, Julia Norton, Mary Jarrell, Charles Jarrell,
Stephanie Jarrell, Jana Gentry, Terrell McBrayer, Pat Fincher
Reading of the minutes
- Terrell requested that we
start having printed copies of the minutes again. Stephanie will provide
printed copies going forward.
- Mary Jarrell moved to accept
minutes from August meeting. Julia Norton seconded. Approved.
Fair on the Square
- Terrell asked about a schedule
of events and if one can be posted
- $40 without electricity
- $45 with electricity
- HCHS balance: $5406.84
- Group agreed that we should
sell our candy for $.50 to move it due to aging
- FOTS applications
- 26 paid vendors - $1230
in booth rental fees collected so far
- 2 applications sent in without
- Discussed whether a vendor
is going to do sausage biscuits and coffee
- Little Creek School house
- We received a EMC Grant
- Terrell said more financial
information would be provided later.
- Balance as of 9/1/09: $4259.67
- Display cases
- Someone is donating some
wood that could use to build some display cases
- Mr. Wood passed away last
- Pending project to make
a better sign in front of house.
- Sanford Wade House
- Balance: $3345.57
- John had meeting with Randy
- Randy said we could reduce
the indebtedness as we go which would cut the interest down.
- Made an extra payment of
- Tenant has issues with high
- John discovered leak which
he’s having repaired
- Discussed payment plans
to get the mortgage paid off
- John will be looking into
- Next year we would have
to pay taxes if we keep a tenant in the house
- McCalman Foundation
may be impacted by what’s happening with First National bank
- John has been working with
Randy to think of a way to honor Mr. McCalman and do some kind of display
in Wade House
- John plans to go to visit
6 small museums to get ideas
- Bud Jones has agreed to
provide input to Wade House projects
- Kiwanis Club donated large
color books to the library
- Building/Grounds Maintenance
- The subject of the old light
fixtures on the courthouse grounds needs to be discussed (again).
- These fixtures will NOT
stay once the Streetscape project gets underway (and, regardless of
what some people say, we HAVE discussed this in the past)
- Our options:
- track down the individuals
who provided funding for each light fixture and ask what they would
like done with them. Other than "memory", I'm not sure we
have any type of paperwork trail to make this an easy task.
- Terrell might know
- Peggy Kimball might know
- donate to the City of Buchanan
(Dean has expressed an interest in the lights for the playground to
be built behind City Hall)
Norton made motion that we donate them to Dean at the city of Buchanan
for a city park that will be developed.
agreed to table the discussion until the next HCHS executive session.
- Grass should be cut on Wednesday
- County will pay for cutting
- Discussed putting a new
door knob and lock for the clock tower door
- Natural gas services
- We discussed proposal that
Jana received and agreed that we do not want to pursue using them.
Key Ingredients planning
- Need to move things from
second story to new homes
agreed to table discussion about moving any furniture until our next
suggested for Charles and Karen to talk directly.
Motion to adjourn from Julia. Adjourned