Dr. William Abram Love
Dr. William Abram Love was born in Camden, S.C., May 16, 1824. He was educated in the schools of Camden and Russell Place Academy. His medical education was received at the Medical Department of the University of Pennsylvania, from which institution he graducated in 1846. He began the practice of medicine in Taliaferro county, Ga., where he remained until 1850, when he located in Cave Spring, Floyd county. In 1858 he settled in Albany county, Ga. During the war he served on the medical staff of the Confederate army, first in the field and later in the hospital. In 1870 he removed to Atlanta, where he engaged in practice; diseases of women being his specialty. In 1871 he was elected to the chair of physiology in the Atlanta Medical College, and later was professor of physiology and pathology in that institution.
Martin, Thomas H.
Atlanta and its Builders : A Comprehensive History of the Gate City of the South Century Memorial Publishing Company, Atlanta, 1902, page 360.