Near Wesley and on westward to the Talbot County Border is the old community of Daviston. The Ga Militia District for the area was named Daviston. The Post Office was located in LL 181 according to a deed from Perry Spencer (1861) to John Q. Adams.
Also mentioned in the deed is a M.P. Brown Mill, and bordering lots of David Lockhart on southwest; north John J. Alsobrook.
Wesley United Methodist Church"
Many Roads in the area are named for families who lived there:
Scott Road Wilson Culverhouse Bickley Suddeth Chestnut
There was a Daviston School and the cemetery at Horeb-Shiloh Cemetery was originally called Daviston Cemetery. The church is located in Talbot County and the Cemetery in Taylor County.
Some families from this area moved to Thomaston to work in the Mills there. (Resource: John Adams)