Stone Creek Baptist Church constituted on September 3, 1808 is the oldest, active church in Twiggs County. The church was originally located two miles from the present site overlooking Stone Creek. In 1842, the meetings were moved to an Academy which was located on the present church site and in 1850 the members and community built a beautiful church with galleries to accommodate both white and colored. The colored withdrew August, 1872 and built their own church, naming it too Stone Creek.
The old church was destroyed by a tornado on April 30, 1953 and the present brick sanctuary was built in November of the same year.