Built by Major General Ezekiel Wimberly in 1819, this was a two story log structure covered with wide boards. Typical of most southern homes, a large chimney was built at each end of the house. A wide, open hallway on the first floor divided the four main rooms. The house was built on a ridge that divides the Oconee River and the Ocmulgee River. A spring was located at the back of the house and one in front of the house in which the family members brought their water in until an open well was dug. This house was located two miles north of Jeffersonville.