This home was built between 1845 and 1850 by Hardy Durham for his only daughter, Caroline, who married Henry Slappey Wimberly, MD. It is a typical two story antebellum home located within a few hundred yards of Highway 96, four miles east of Jeffersonville. The beautiful home stands a few yards from the road in a park of majestic trees. The grounds were landscaped by a Scotch landscape gardener. A school room was built on the north side of the house leading off the porch which was used as a private school for the Wimberly children.