This home was built about 1844 by Thomas Glover near the historic Richland Baptist Church. Tradition is that he spoke of his home as the "Baptist Hotel". The architecture is peculiar to the style of colonial homes of the era. The front and back of the house are almost identical in appearance. In the old days, the old Northern Stage road ran in the front of the house.