The only hotel in Twiggs county was built in the early 1800s by Ira Peck, exact date unknown.   When he decided to leave the county it was sold to Mrs. George Ann Loyless Evans.  She is listed in the 1860 census as "Hotel Operator".   In 1953 the hotel was torn down and the virgin timbers were used again by Earl Smith of Danville in other houses.