This is the oldest known house in Twiggs County. Built in 1809 for the Rev. Vincent A. Tharpe, by his two sons John and Charnick by slave labor. The Tharpe family who occupied this house in the wilderness in 1811 helped to supply the Baptist leadership in the area and the Ebenezer Baptist Association. In 1832, the property was sold to John Parker for $600. The hand hewn timbers and logs remain in this pioneer landmark.