Amplatz is located about 4.5 km northeastly of the city Hostau in the rural district Bischofteinitz. The county road which is leading through the village connects the Staatsstraße(1) Bischofteinitz-Eisendorf from the branching-off “Gänsberg” (boundary Hostau) via Hassatitz, Amplatz, Liebeswar to the junction “Wiedlitz” with the Reichsstraße(2) 92 (Kaiserstraße) (3) Bischofteinitz-Plan-Eger.
To the further neighbouring villages Melmitz in the northwest, Mirschikau and Kscheberscham in the east, Haschowa in the southeast as well as Taschlowitz and Schüttarschen in the south for each were leading local ways as well as short-cutting sidewalks. The near neighbouring villages Melmitz, Liebeswar, Kscheberscham, Taschlowitz, Schüttarschen and Hassatitz each are only 2 km off, while Haschowa, Zwingau und Mirkowitz each can be reached in a distance of 3 km and Mirschikau only after 4 km. To the former district town Bischofteinitz it were 14 km south-east-wards. The village is to find 12 degree 15 min. eastly of Greenwich and 49 degree 35 min. northly of the equator.
Striking points of the near environs up to a distance of 4 km are the mountains “Lichon” (614 m) in the north, the “Greschin” (526 m) in the northwest, the “Gänsberg” (480 m) and the “Althüttenberg” (527 m) in the southwest, the “Galgenberg" (481 m) and “Laurenziberg” (464 m) in the south as well as in the northeast the “Gabelberg” (600 m) as the nearest rise of the well-wooded “Sieben Berge” with their 14 hilltops altogether.
The village stoops in a small flat trough, which softly falls away southwest-wards to the valley of the Radbusa. In all other directions there are to surmount soft rises to reach the neighbouring villages. So people drove from Amplatz to Melmitz, Pscheß, Wiedlitz, Liebeswar, Haid “affe” (up), to Mirschikau, Kscheberscham, Haschowa, Wittana “üwe” (over), to Schüttarschen, Taschlowitz, Zwingau “oine” (down), to Schlattin, Hassatitz “hinte” (back) and to Hostau (in d'Schtood) (into the city) “eine" (into). To the mountain Laurenziberg people could go “üwe” (over) und “affe” (up). The village is at a height of 440 m above sea-level.
The wood around the village was comparative far away, the linear distance was about 1 - 1.5 km. Eastwards there was no wood at all, so that the cold east winds unhindered could reach the village. This caused many snow-drifts at streets and ways in very cold winters. Especially hollow ways often were blocked up until they were plain. Because of the cut of the river Radbusa at Hassatitz between the mountains “Gänsberg” and “Greschin” the southwester found his way and from the “Büahl” the west wind whistled down. From the west to the east the most thunderstorms also moved in summer. Hailstones which could produce much damage to crops only were seen seldom.
Concerning the traffic it is still to mention that in the years 1939 until 1945 from Schüttarschen could be reached the postbus Bischofteinitz - Weiden/Opf. The nearest and mostly used station which was also a freight depot was “Hostau” in a distance of 4.5 km. But from Amplatz also were used the station “Metzling” (in a distance of 9 km) and the stop “Wurken”, which also was in a distance of 9 km, but it depended on the direction the people wanted to go. Via Wurken people came to Tachau, Plan, Marienbad, Eger or came from there. Metzling was chosen, when Pilsen or Prague were the destinations.
About the foundation of the village the legend reports that Amplatz originally shall have consisted of 3 farms, whose fields still could be recognized altogether to the end. These 3 farmers were called “Bauern am Platz” (farmers at the place) from which the name of the village shall have its origin.
It is historically proved, that Diepolt von Zwirschen was the owner of a part of Amplatz about 1379. In 1544 a part of the village belonged to the village Mirschikau. In 1603 Amplatz was sold to count Popel von Lobkowitz at Bischofteinitz. For 1659 Liebscher notices, that Eva Johanna countess von Trauttmansdorff bought the half of the village from Magdalena, a born Dobrz.
In 1789 Amplatz already had 35 numbers. In 1839 it were 40 houses with 216 German residents. There were also 40 houses but 235 residents in 1913. The village had 44 houses and 216 residents in 1939. The surface of the community was 392,49 ha in 1937. It were 246,32 ha fields, 40,93 ha meadows, 40,08 ha pastureland, 47,68 ha wood, 2,20 ha gardens. The rural average yield was 950.
Until the end of 16th century a part of the village paid the tithe to the church in Melmitz. Therefore partially people also took part at the celebration of the church feast of Melmitz although the village was attached to the St. Laurence church and parish of Schüttarschen.
In 1925 the volunteer firebrigade was founded. The veteran's society (Society of served soldiers) in the parish was founded in 1932.
In World War I six soldiers of Amplatz fell and one was missed. In World war II ten soldiers fell and one was missed.
(1) Staatsstraße: Important highway
(2) Reichsstraße: highest classified road after the highways (Reichsautobahnen) in the Third Reich.
(3) Kaiserstraße: Emperor's road