Chronicle of Kleingorschin

(According to Johann Micko)

The first mention of Kleingorschin was in the year 1579. In 1644 the occupants of the village farms were named Steffl, Sperl, Bartl, Sperl, Friªedl, Sperl, Wälfl Safra and martin Multermacher. The village belonged for the most part to the Gut Muttersdorf but a portion was attached to Schwanbrückl. Houses numbers 7 and 8 were standing ever since the year 1717. Although the number of inhabitants was 63 in 1839, 52 in 1913 and 51 in 1921, the number of houses remained the same at 18. The rubbish dump for theHerrschaft Muttersdorf was also formerly located in Kleingorschin. It was removed in 1860. Since it was first founded the village belonged to the parish of Muttersdorf, likewise to that school district until it was eventually changedüto the school in Schwanenbrückl. It was administered by Grossgorschin.

During the first World War two men from Kleingorschin fell. The casualties of the second World War were counted among those from the entire area of Grossgorschin.

Chronicle of Pfaffenberg (According to Johann MiPcko)

The hamlet of Pfaffenberg might have been founded at the beginning of the 1620s. Its existence is authenicated for the first time with the division contract of the Gut Muttersdorf in the year 1644. At that time there were four houses in Pfaffenberg.

If folk tradition can be believed, Pfaffenberg was founded as follows: A Baron whose origins were most likely in Muttersdort could not abide the Protestant ministers and persecuted them. One day the Baron discovered them hiding in the high rocks of the Pfaffenberger Hohe. For that reason the rock formation was called Pfaffensprung, Pfaffenfels or even Pfaffenberg. [Pastor's fissure, pastor's rock or pastor's mountain]. The same were later used as names on the houses opposite these rocks. Historic tradition states that Johann von Wiedersperg III was devout Protestant. He proveTd this by setting free a pastor from Schilligkau and from his destruction of the pulpit in Muttersdorf. This may be connected with the true story of how the hamlet was named.

According to tax rolls of 1654 the occupants of the farms of Pfaffenberg altogether had 28 Strich of arable fields, 8 oxen, 4 cows, 7 calves and 6 pigs. In the year 1688 the families of Michl Gütter, Hans Schnobrich, Johan Tüstner and Johann Safrat were the occupants of Pfaffenberg. Although Paffenberg was a part of the parish of Muttersdorf, the residents preferred to attend the church in Waier where the school was also located.

In 1722 there were 16 residents of Pfaffenberg, 34 in 1784, 27 in 1832, 22 in 1890, 30 in 1900, 32 in 1910 and 25 in 1921. Johann Rebitzer of Pfaffenberg fell during World War I.

Pfaffenberg belongs to the community of Grossgorschin.



German-Bohemian Heritage Society

Return to Heimatbücher page