The Grave Yard at
Hanover Presbyterian Church
Morris County, New Jersey...
Photos courtesy of Blaine Ball, 1994
... members of the Ball family
who are buried there.
- Ball, Alexander. Died 19 Apr 1841 in his
Farewell dear friends again farewell,
Soon we shall rise to thee;
And when we meet no tongue can tell,
How great our joys shall be.
- Ball, Benjamin W. Son of Phineas K. &
Died 15 Mar 1844, aged 5 years 1 month and 11 days.
- Ball, Charlotte (Osborne). Our mother Charlotte
wife of Alexander Ball. Born 7 May 1804. Died 18 May 1877.
Entered into Rest
- Ball, Daniel. Dear Father's grave. In memory
of Daniel Ball.
Died 10 Nov 1863, aged 73 years, 6 mos. and 15 days.
Our loss is his gain, he dwells with his God,
Where sin cannot enter, where death cannot come.
- Ball, Deborah. In memory of Deborah, wife
of Samuel Ball.
Died 21 Feb 1806 in the 62nd year of her age.
- Ball, Edward Augustus. Son of James H. &
Born 16 Mar 1816; died 21 Aug 1835, aged 19 years.
Sufferer rest thy task is o're
Pain has power o're thee no more.
- Ball, Edwin. Son of Daniel & Pamelia
Died 16 Jul 1837, aged 4 years and 8 months.
- Ball, Electa (Beach). Wife of Alfred Ball.
Died 15 Nov 1886, in the 70th year of her age.
"Asleep in Jesus."
- Ball, Elizabeth Caroline. Daughter of Louis
and Mary Ann Ball.
Died 18 Sep 1842, aged 5 years and 8 months.
This lovely bud so young and fair,
Call'd hence by early dawn;
Just came to show how sweet a flower,
In paradise would bloom.
We must part with the loved ones.
We loved her because she was pleasant and mild
We loved her because she was our dear oldest child.
- Ball, Fanny Pamelia. Daughter of Daniel E.
and Hannah F. Ball.
Died 21 Dec 1853, aged 7 years 1 month and 18 days.
- Ball, George Randolph. Son of Phineas K.
& Maria Ball.
Died 1 Mar 1849, aged 1 year 3 months and 13 days.
- Ball, Harriet E. Ball. 17 Dec 1853, in her
Dear Harriet now has gone to rest,
With Christ her Savior she is blest
Her Spirit shines with spotless ray
Her limbs are now decaying back to clay.
- Ball, Dr. John. In memory of Dr. John Ball
this life 22 Feb AD 1837, in the 59th year of his age.
For more than thirty years he discharged the duties
of his Profession with dignity and ability, and
was universally respected and esteemed.
"He was a man; take him for all in all,
We shall not look upon his like again."
- Ball, James. In memory of James Ball who
this life 6 Apr 1833, in the 65th year of his age.
I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that he shall
stand at the later day upon the earth; and though
after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in
my flesh shall I see God. Job xix. 25, 26.
- Ball, James H. Born 18 May 1780, died 8 Aug
1846, aged 66 years.
He professed his savior.
- Ball, James M. Died 31 Jan 1854, aged 21
years and 31 days.
My youthful friends to you I say,
Come walk in wisdom's narrow way;
T'will guide you to the path of peace,
T'will land you soon in endless rest.
- Ball, Lewis C. Sacred to the memory of Lewis
who departed this life 10 Oct 1841, aged 28 years and 9 months.
Useful in Life in Death resigned,
He rests among the dead;
O may his offspring, left behind,
Secure that heavenly rest.
In his death his Mother is bereaved of an only
beloved Son, his Children a tender Father, the
Church and Sabbath School mourn His loss.
- Ball, Louisa. Daughter of Daniel & Pamelia
Died 23 Jul 1837, aged 9 years 9 months and 15 days.
- Ball, Lucinda In memory of Lucinda Ball,
daughter of James and
Elizabeth Ball, who departed this life 14 May 1825 in the 25th
year of her age.
Now Lord to the I would apply
On the alone; depend,
Thou art when creatures fail and die,
An ever living friend.
- Ball, Lydia Maria. Daughter of Phineas K.
and Maria Ball.
Died 15 May 1844, aged 2 years 4 months and 8 days.
- Ball, Maria. Widow of Phineas K. Ball.
Died 15 Mar 1851 in the 32nd year of her age.
Her soul has now taken its flight,
To mansions of glory above;
To mingle with angels of light,
And dwell in the kingdom of love.
- Ball, Mary Ann. Sacred to the memory of Mary
Ann, wife of
Lewis C. Ball who departed this life 15 Nov 1839, aged 27 years.
She died in Jesus and is blest,
How kind her slumbers are;
From suffering and from pain released,
And free'd from every care..
- Ball, Oscar. son of James H. and Mary S.
Died 19 Oct 1855, aged 10 years 8 months and 20 days.
- Ball, Phebe. Wife of Aaron Ball.
Died 27 May 1847 in the 22nd year of her age.
The voice of this instructive scene
Let every heart obey;
Nor be the faithful warning vain,
Which calls to watch and pray.
- Ball, Phineas K. Died 7 Jun 1818 in the 38th
year of his age.
At rest in Jesus' faithful arms
At rest as in a peaceful bed
Secured from all the dreadful storms
Which round this sinful world are spread.
- Ball, Robert. In memory of Robert Ball who
died 7 Nov 1826,
aged 28 years 11 months and 15 days.
My dearest friends as you pass by,
Remember too that you must die:
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death and follow me.
Farewell my friends my time is past,
My love for you while life did last;
Now after me no sorrow take,
But love my children for my sake.
- Ball, Deacon Samuel. In
memory of Deacon Samuel Ball who
departed this life 12 Jan AD 1810, aged 75 years and 6 months.
"Let me die the death of the righteous and let my last end
be like his."
- Ball, Sarah. Widow of James H. Ball. Born
16 Mar 1778.
Died 4 Feb 1861, aged 82 years 10 months and 19 days.
"Into thine hand I commit my spirit,
Thou has redeemed me, O Lord God of truth."
- Ball, Stephen. Died 26 Apr 1848, aged 69
years and 7 months.
(erected by his son Aaron)
God my redeemer lives
And ever from the skies
Looks down and watches all my dust
Till he shall bid it rise.
- Ball, Susan. Wife of Stephen Ball.
Died 2 Feb 1855, aged 69 years and 10 months.
Farewell my friends the stream is narrow,
Through its cold dark waters rise:
Jesus passed the flood before me,
Guides my way to yonder skies.