by Holly Adams Timm©
Wilhelm Hageman born 20 June 1852, married Marie Schultz, born 25 June 1853. He immigrated with his wife and four children arriving in New York 18 April 1883 on the Bohemia from Hamburg, listed as a laborer from Prussia(1). Marie died 27 Nov 1886 and is buried in Woodland Cemetery. Buried with her is their granddaughter, Edna Krause who died at the ageof six months on 21 October 1899.
Wilhelm was naturalized 22 March 1895, stating that he arrived 20 April 1883. His petition gives his place of birth as Machtenburg, Germany. At present I have not located this town but suspect it is in Mecklenburg. At the time of his naturlaization, Wilhelm gave his occupation as fireman and his residence as 32 Everett Street in Cleveland.
It appears that Wilhelm married again after Marie's death as an obituary for a Minnie Sump Hageman lists Wilhelm and Marie's children as if they were hers. Wilhelm died 13 June 1911 and is buried with his wife Marie. [tombstone photos]
Wilhelm Hageman and Marie had:
- Wilhelmina Hageman was born in Prussia Germany about 1878. "Minnie" married (Edward?) Krause who owned an art glass place her brother John worked at; they lived in Lorain, had 2 kids
- Wilhelm Hageman was born in Prussia Germany about 1879
- John A Hageman was born 16 Dec 1880
- Ida Hageman was born in Prussia Germany about 1882
John A Hageman (Wilhelm1) was born in Prussia, Germany 16 Dec 1880. John died 8 Nov 1948 in Cleveland OH, at 67 years of age. He was crushed by a crate of plate glass at Toledo Plate Glass Company in Cleveland Ohio. He married twice, first on 18 April 1906, to Lena Minnie Wolfe born 10 November 1884 to August and Henrietta (Wisotzki) Wolfe. Lena died of pulmonary tuberculosis on 12 July 1922. She is buried wth her daughter Mona in Woodland cemetery although we have yet to locate any tombstones for them, perhaps there are none.
John married secondly Anna Tatzke in Cleveland Ohio, 12 Jul 1924. Anna was born in Ohio 20 Mar 1893 [probably Cleveland/Cuyahoga County]. Anna was the daughter of Frederick Tatzke and Henrietta Wolfe and cousin to John's first wife. Anna had first married Walter Kimpel about 1913. Anna died 8 Dec 1979 in Cuyahoga Falls OH, at 86 years of age.
John A Hageman and Lena Wolfe had:
John A Hageman and Anna Tatzke had:
- Mona Hageman born 17 April 1907 and died 11 January 1925 of pulmonary tuberculosis.
- Norma Hageman
- Verna Annette Hageman born 21 Oct 1925 in Cleveland OH 21 Oct 1925. She married Walter Friedrich Timm in Cleveland OH, 2 Feb 1949. [see him for children]
(1) Germans to America V45 Nov 1882-Apr 1883, Glazier & Filby, pg 389
Copyright Notice: All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may be linked to but may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Holly Timm [email@example.com]. Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are. It is however, quite permissable to print or save the files to a personal computer for personal use ONLY.
The author is
last edited Sunday, 28-May-2000 12:49:07 MDT