Visit the IAGenWeb!Visit the USGenWeb! Carroll County, Iowa
IAGenWeb  Project
Carroll County Genealogy

If you have information to share, please contact the  County Coordinator.

HISTORY OF CARROLL COUNTY IOWA

A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement

VOLUME II ILLUSTRATED
CHICAGO THE S. J. CLARKE PUBLISHING COMPANY 1912

Digitized for Microsoft Corporation by the Internet Archive in 2008. From New York Public Library.
May be used for non-commercial, personal, research, or education purposes, or any fair use.
May not be indexed in a commercial service.


Transcribed and donated by Vance Tigges & Kathy Weaver.
 

REV. JOHN HEINZLMEIER *pages 30 & 31*

Page 30 Rev John Heinzlmeier

 Page 31 Rev John Heinzlmeier

 Rev John Heinzlmeier Text File

 

Rev. John Heinzlmeier has for the past eight years officiated as priest of St. Mary's church at Willey. His birth occurred in Bavaria, Singenbach, Germany, on the 24th of January, 1870, his parents being Joseph and Mary (Stegmeier) Heinzlmeier, both of whom were natives of that country. The father, who was an agriculturist by occupation, passed away in Germany, in which country the mother still makes her home.

 

Rev. John Heinzlmeier obtained his education in the graded and high schools of the fatherland and in 1887 crossed the Atlantic to the United States, reaching New York on the 10th of October of that year. Making his way to Westmoreland county, Pennsylvania, he there attended St. Vincent's College for five years. Subsequently he spent three years at St. Bernhard's Seminary at Cullman, Alabama, and then entered St. Meinrad Seminary in Spencer county, Indiana, where he was ordained. He was first appointed assistant to Rev. Frank Schulte of the Remsen (Iowa) parish and later spent three months with Father Joseph Keumper at Carroll. On the 6th of August, 1903, he became pastor of St. Mary's church at Willey, where he has since labored with consecrated and untiring zeal. The school and parsonage, two handsome and modern structures, were completed in 1907, while the present house of worship, which was erected at a cost of about thirty-five thousand dollars, was completed in January, 1910.

 

These pages were designed and are maintained by IAGenWeb, solely for the use and benefit of the IAGenWeb Project, a part of the USGenWeb Project.
Copyright 1997 by IAGenWeb & the Contributor of the specific information.   Rootsweb Please read the IAGenWeb Terms, Conditions, & Disclaimer  — all of which apply to Carroll Co.

Back to top of page                             Return to Carroll Co. IAGenWeb Home                             Back to top of page

Photo background collage is made from colorized penny postcards donated to the USGenWeb Archives