Hazel Dell Cemetery was surveyed in December 1890. The first part of the cemetery was tne NW corner of the SW 1/4 of the SE 1/4 of Section 28, Township 76 N, Range 43 and running thence south 616 feet, thence east 107-1/4 feet, located in Hazel Dell Township.
Hardwood stakes were driven at all the corners of the lots and in 1896 and 1903, additions were added which measured 56 feet by 236 feet and 111 feet by 128 feet. These transactions were recorded in Book 41, pages 458, 542 and 606 of the Pottawattamie County Court House records in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Return to Cemeteries Index