POCAHONTAS COUNTY, IOWA -
LAURENS GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY
Founded in 1982, the Laurens Genies was the first genealogical society formed in Pocahontas County. Now officially named the Pocahontas County, Iowa - Laurens Genealogical Society, the group currently has 16 members. Membership is open to all with an interest in genealogical, biographical and historical research. The Laurens club is a chapter of the Iowa Genealogical Society. Meetings are held on the last Friday of each month and dues are $7.00 per year. Dedicated to furthering genealogical research, for its members as well as others with an interest in Pocahontas County, the group is active in a variety of projects. Its objectives are:
- To create and foster an interest in genealogy..
- To gather and preserve genealogical and historical data particularly with respect to ancestors, and the founders and early settlers.
- To aid individuals in their genealogical research and in compiling their family histories.
- To establish and maintain a genealogical library through contributions, donations and exchanges.
- Cemeteries of Pocahontas County
Map and List
- Swan Lake Township Cemetery
- Obituary Index
Index of over 7000 obituaries held at the Laurens Public Library.
- Other Genealogical Resources Available at the Library
- Research Policy of the Laurens Genies
- Laurens Public Library
- Pocahontas County GenWeb
- Iowa Genealogical Society
Direct genealogical inquiries to:
Pocahontas County/Laurens Genealogical Society
Laurens Public Library
273 N. Third St.
Laurens, Iowa 50554