ARTICLE I. OBJECTIVES
1. To promote international awareness of, and interest in, professional
2. To promote professional standards in genealogical research, writing
3. To engage in activities which improve access, facilitate research, and
preserve records used in the fields of genealogy and local history.
4. To promote awareness of activities and/or laws which may affect
genealogical and historical research.
5. To educate the membership and public through publications and
6. To provide support for those engaged in genealogical pursuits as a
ARTICLE II. MEMBERSHIP
1. Members of the Idaho Chapter of the Association of Professional
Genealogists shall be members of the Association of Professional
2. Membership benefits of the Idaho Chapter will be extended to APG
members residing in Idaho, western Wyoming, and western Montana.
ARTICLE III. OFFICERS
1. The Idaho Chapter will vote for a Chapter Representative to the
Association of Professional Genealogists in June of even-numbered years.
2. Since facilities and advertising will be provided to the Idaho Chapter
by the Southeast Idaho Family History Forum, no other chapter officers are
3. The Idaho Chapter will be governed by these bylaws and those of APG,
and will adhere to any changes or revisions adopted after the Idaho Chapter
4. The Idaho Chapter will at all times be bound by the policies and
procedures as set forth in the APG Policy Manual and APG Procedure Manual,
including changes or revisions adopted after the Idaho Chapter was accepted.
ARTICLE IV. MEETINGS AND
1. Meetings of the Idaho Chapter will be held in August and October of
the charter year; then quarterly each year thereafter.
2. Meetings of the Idaho Chapter will be open to the public who may
attend as guests.
3. Only APG members can vote in chapter elections and other ballot
4. Only APG members can serve as a chapter officer or be listed in
materials published by the Idaho Chapter.
ARTICLE V. OPERATING
1. The Chapter Representative of the Idaho Chapter shall be responsible
for sending quarterly reports to APG Chapter Liaison.
2. The Idaho Chapter will communicate its activities, concerns, and
questions to APG Chapter Liaison.
3. Except as otherwise required by APG bylaws, the Idaho Chapter is self
4. The Idaho Chapter will conduct itself in a manner that is in keeping
with the professionalism of the APG.
5. All literature, banners, poster, letters, etc. prepared by the Idaho
Chapter will be professional in appearance so as to maintain the APGs image
as a professional organization.
6. Any literature, press releases, or other such communication intended
for the general public will be submitted to the APG Publications Advisory
Committee for review and approval.
ARTICLE VI. AMENDMENTS
1. No amendments or revisions can be made to these bylaws without the
written approval of the APG Executive Committee.
2. Amendments or revisions to these bylaws may be proposed by the chapter
representative of the Idaho Chapter, with the vote of the chapter members.
3. Proposed changes will be forwarded in writing to APG Chapter Liaison
for APG review and action.
1. The Idaho Chapter may be deactivated by APG according to criteria
prescribed by the Procedure Manual.
2. The Idaho Chapter may request deactivation according to procedures
outlined in the Procedure Manual.