Search billions of records on

Thomas Barrett Home Fire


The Montpelier Examiner, December 2, 1937


A fire which broke out about 11:30 last Saturday claimed $1500 worth of damages on the residence of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Barrett of this city.

The cause of the fire was believed to be a defective flue in the chimney.  Opinions agree that the fire had been probably smoldering in the eaves for at least a day or more before it finally gained enough strength to burst into flames.

After noticing an intense head throughout the house, Mrs. Barrett became alarmed and was suddenly aware that flames were rising from the eaves.  The fire was between the ceiling on the inside and the roof on the outside.


Return to the Newspapers Index