Bear Lake Hot Springs Hotel
In 1890 Joseph Rich purchased a natural hot sulphur spring on the shores of Bear Lake from Newton F Austin and there he homesteaded 160 acres of land. He built a pleasure resort as well as a home. The resort was known as the Bear Lake Hot Springs Hotel. It was located on the Northeast side of Bear Lake along with a swimming pool and other recreational activities. It burned to the ground and was never rebuilt.