Search billions of records on



Information for Clarence Edgar "Ed" Yates
10 February, 1922 – 3 March, 1983
 From the Idaho Press-Tribune,
dated March, 1983
Contributed by Becky Nelson

Many hours have been spent providing the
information you see on our website.  Please
let us know, using the email address below,
if you have found useful information or
if you enjoyed the website.  Thanks!


Clarence "Ed" Yates

      Scriptural vigil services for Clarence “Ed” Yates, 61, of Parma, who died Thursday, March 3, 1983, in a Salt Lake City, Utah hospital of natural causes, will be conducted at 7:30 p.m. Monday at Flahiff Funeral Chapel in Caldwell.  Funeral services will be conducted Tuesday at 2 p.m. at Flahiff Funeral Chapel in Caldwell by the Rev. Jerry Funke. Interment will follow at the Greenleaf Cemetery in Greenleaf.
     He was born on Feb. 10, 1922 at Keener, Ala.  He attended schools there but graduated from Attella High School in Attella, Ala.  He joined the U.S. Navy and served for 20 years before retiring from the service.  He worked as a civil service employee in California for five years before being given a disability discharge for injuries received in a plane crash.  After three years of rehabilitation he served an apprenticeship at Greenwood Mortuary in San Diego, Calif.  Shortly after that he worked at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, Calif. in the pathology dept.  In Sept. of 1969 he married Ellen Farman Duncan at Las Vegas, Nev.  They moved to Caldwell in May, 1970.  They moved to Parma in 1971 where they had resided since.  He was an independent trucker until 1973.  Then he worked for Agri-Lines Corp. in Parma until 1978.  He returned to driving truck for Osborne of Atlanta, Georgia, Agriland of Caldwell and Walt Lowe of Wilder.  In Sept. of 1979 he suffered a heart attack and was totally disabled since that time.  He was a member of the American Legion in Ridgecrest, Calif.  The Eagles Lodge in Ridgecrest, Calif., B.P.O.E. Lodge Number 1448 Caldwell, and the V.F.W. Post Number 785 in Parma.
     He is survived by his wife of Parma, three stepsons Pete Duncan of San Diego.  Steve Duncan of Melba, and Dennis Duncan of Parma; four step-daughters Theresa Witt of Baltimore, Md., Sharon Wood of Marsing, Melanie Miller of Bakersfield, Calif., and Debbie Williams of Caldwell; his mother Mary Ruth Gladden of Gadsden, Ala., two brothers, Larry of West Palm Beach, Fla. And Bill of Nashville, Tenn.; four sisters, Irene Pruitt of Powder Springs, Ga., Ora Belle Jackson of Viro Beach, Fla., Martha Goodwin of Gadsden, Alabama, and Carolyn Faye Smith of Hauma, Louisiana; eight step-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.  He was preceded in death by his father and a brother.

     Memorials may be given to St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Caldwell or to a favorite charity.  Friends may call at the chapel today from 1 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Monday from 9 a.m. until service time, and Tuesday from 9 a.m. until noon.