Information for Rene Richard Caron
about 1928 - 27 January, 1938
Obituary from The Caldwell News-Tribune,
dated Friday, 28 January, 1938
Contributed by Dennis McIndoo
Many hours have been spent providing the
information you see on our website. Please
let us know, using the email address below,
if you have found useful information or
if you enjoyed the website. Thanks!
Rites Will Be
Held In Nampa
Funeral services for
10-year-old Rene Richard Caron, who died yesterday at a Great
Falls, Mont., hospital, as a result of burns sustained when a
gasoline container exploded while he was trying to light a
fire, will be held at St. Paul's Catholic church at Nampa
Monday morning at 10 o'clock. Burial will be in the
Mount Calvary cemetery at Nampa.
The lad's body will arrive at Nampa tomorrow morning
and will be at the Robinson funeral chapel. A Rosary
service will be held at the chapel Sunday evening at 7:30.
The boy is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Rene
Caron and a younger brother, William, besides his grandparents
and a number of aunts and uncles. The Carons are former
Caldwell residents and Mr. Caron was formerly the manager of
the Falk's Caldwell store.
The accident occurred at the Caron home at Great Falls
where the family has been living for the past year. Mrs.
Caron sustained serious burns to her hands in a futile attempt
to save her small son.
Image below is a link to the
location of the
gravesite in Mt. Calvary cemetery.
Images contributed by Bonnie Dilworth
Rene's headstone is located at number 5.
photo available upon request.
Obituaries are transcribed as published by the newspapers, or as sent to
by others. Spelling and grammar will not be changed in the article itself
a note may be posted upon request to help correct errors. If
a correction note, please send source(s) for the correction.