Welcome to the Rock Island County Illinois Genealogical Society! The Society was established in 1972 to help preserve and perpetuate members' ancestral records. Our goal is to help assist members in genealogical research and educate the community on the importance of Rock Island County history.
- July 22nd: Tuesday 7:00 pm Meeting “Story of Hero Street” Butterworth Education Center
- August 3-6: Ostfriesen Genealogy Conference, Minneapolis, MN - Information Form
- August 9th: Saturday Southern Illinois 2014 Annual History Conference - Sign-up Form
- August 14th: Thursday 6:30pm Board Meeting at Oak Room of Butterworth Center
- August 16th: Saturday 1pm - 4pm RICIGS Class “All Things Military - Did Your Ancestors Serve?”
- August 26th: Tuesday 7:00pm Meeting - Presentation on Illinois State Capitol
- Aug. 27-30: FGS Conference in San Antonio, TX www.fgs.org
- Sep. 20th: Saturday 1pm - 4pm RICIGS Class “Everyone Has a Story - Have You Told Yours?”
- Sep. 23rd: Tuesday 7:00pm Meeting - Presentation on “Understanding Computer Genealogy”
- Sep. 27th: Saturday Fox Valley Genealogical Conference - Information Form
- Oct. 12th: Sunday 12:30pm - 3:45pm GAHC Workshop “Schleswig Holstein: The Danish Angle” - Information Form
- Oct. 18th: Saturday 1pm - 4pm RICIGS Class “Continuing Research with Online Resources”
- Oct 24-25: ISGS Fall Conference in O’Fallon, IL www.ilgensoc.org
- Oct. 28th: Tuesday 7:00pm Meeting - Presentation on “Family Traditions - Keep Your Heritage Alive”
July 2014 Meeting
Tuesday, July 22nd 7:00 pm
“Story of Hero Street”
Butterworth Education Center
701 12th Avenue, Moline IL
August Class: Saturday, August 16th 1 pm - 4 pm
“All Things Military - Did Your Ancestors Serve?”
September Class: Saturday, September 20th 1pm - 4pm
“Everyone Has a Story - Have You Told Yours?”
October Class: Saturday, October 18th 1 pm - 4 pm
“Continuing Your Research with Online Resources”
All classes are at Butterworth Educational Center
701 12th Avenue, Moline IL
Click here for Summer Class Schedule & Registration Form
*NEW* Riverside Cemetery Records on CD
An extract of the Official Sexton Records of the Riverside Cemetery, Moline, Illinois, is now available on CD. This CD contains information on over 27,000 burials published as two Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files. Volume 1 includes surnames starting with A – J and covers the years 1873 – 2011. Volume 2 includes Surnames K – Z and covers the years 1873 – 2013. This work includes all burials including the 100’s of burials that never had a grave marker as well as burials where the grave marker is now missing or illegible.
To order and to see information on additional Rock Island County Cemetery CD’s click here.
RICIGS Members: We are in need of your family surnames that you are researching to add to our master list. This is a great way to help other genealogists on their research or connect with a possible family member. They will be added to our “Surnames” page: Surnames
Members may submit a list of Surnames they are researching by using the Member's Surname Submission form. Click here to get the form.
2nd Thursday of each month
6:30 at Oak Room of Butterworth Center
1105 8th Street, Moline, IL
All members welcome!