Welcome to the Rock Island County Illinois Genealogical Society! The Society was established in 1972 to help preserve and perpetuate members' ancestral records. Our goal is to help assist members in genealogical research and educate the community on the importance of Rock Island County history.
- Sep. 14th: Sunday 1-4 pm “Fall Flemish Fest” Stephens Park, Moline, IL - Belgian Waffles, Lacemaking, Rolle Bolle available
- Sep. 20th: Saturday 1pm - 4pm RICIGS Class “Everyone Has a Story - Have You Told Yours?”
- Sep. 23rd: Tuesday 7:00pm Meeting - Presentation on “Genealogy Tech Tools”
- Sep. 27th: Saturday Fox Valley Genealogical Conference - Information Form
- Oct. 11th: Saturday 10-30 - 11:30 am “Military Records” Family History Center, Davenport, IA
- Oct 12th: Sunday 10:00 am - 4 pm. SwedGenTour at Augustana College, Rock Island, IL http://www.augustana.edu/x11824.xml?eventid=6009
- Oct. 12th: Sunday 12:30pm - 3:45pm GAHC Workshop “Schleswig Holstein: The Danish Angle” - Information Form
- Oct. 18th: Saturday 1pm - 4pm RICIGS Class “Continuing Research with Online Resources”
- Oct 24-25: ISGS Fall Conference in O’Fallon, IL www.ilgensoc.org
- Oct. 26th: Sunday 1-5 pm RICHS & RICIGS “An Afternoon of Research” 822 - 11th Ave. Moline, IL
- Oct. 28th: Tuesday 7:00pm Meeting - Presentation on “Family Traditions - Keep Your Heritage Alive”
- Oct. 28-30: National Archives Virtual Genealogy Fair - Click for Schedule
- Nov. 8th: Saturday 10-30 - 11:30 am “Passenger Lists” Family History Center, Davenport, IA
September 2014 Meeting
Tuesday, September 23rd 7:00 pm
“Genealogy Tech Tools”
Butterworth Education Center
701 12th Avenue, Moline IL
Presenting technology tools that can
help your genealogy research!
“An Afternoon of Research”
Hosted by Rock Island County IL Genealogy Society and
Rock Island County Historical Society
Sunday, October 26th, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
at Rock Island County Historical Society Library,
822 11th Avenue, Moline, IL
Open to the public! Cost: $5 per person
Volunteers will be on hand to help you!
Click here for more info: Research Afternoon
September Class: Saturday, September 20th 1pm - 4pm
“Everyone Has a Story - Have You Told Yours?”
October Class: Saturday, October 18th 1 pm - 4 pm
“Continuing Your Research with Online Resources”
All classes are at Butterworth Educational Center
701 12th Avenue, Moline IL
Click here for Summer Class Schedule & Registration Form
*NEW* Riverside Cemetery Records on CD
An extract of the Official Sexton Records of the Riverside Cemetery, Moline, Illinois, is now available on CD. This CD contains information on over 27,000 burials published as two Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files. Volume 1 includes surnames starting with A – J and covers the years 1873 – 2011. Volume 2 includes Surnames K – Z and covers the years 1873 – 2013. This work includes all burials including the 100’s of burials that never had a grave marker as well as burials where the grave marker is now missing or illegible.
To order and to see information on additional Rock Island County Cemetery CD’s click here.
RICIGS Members: We are in need of your family surnames that you are researching to add to our master list. This is a great way to help other genealogists on their research or connect with a possible family member. They will be added to our “Surnames” page: Surnames
Members may submit a list of Surnames they are researching by using the Member's Surname Submission form. Click here to get the form.
2nd Thursday of each month
6:30 at Oak Room of Butterworth Center
1105 8th Street, Moline, IL
All members welcome!