||Rock Island County Illinois Genealogical Society is a non-profit organization founded in 1972 by 110 Charter Members. Our objectives are:
- To preserve and perpetuate members' ancestral records and assist each other in genealogical research.
- To discover, collect and preserve any materials which may help to establish or illustrate the history of the Rock Island County area, as well as all of Illinois.
- To encourage the preservation and safeguarding of county, township and state records.
- To receive and hold gifts of real and personal estate from any source for the benefit of the Society.
- To promote and publish historical and genealogical material covering this and other areas from which our ancestors came.
Membership is open to anyone interested in furthering the objects of the Society. Dues are payable in January of each year as follows:
Individual Membership $ 20
(2 at same address)$ 22
Student Membership$ 10
Contributing Membership$ 40
Meetings are held at 7pm at the Butterworth Education Center, 701 12th Avenue Moline, Illinois on the fourth Tuesday of the month, January through October. The annual dinner meeting is held in November.
The library collection of the Society is housed at the Rock Island County Historical Society (RICHS) Library. The collection includes copies of all the Blackhawk Genealogical Society and the more recent Rock Island County Illinois Genealogical Society publications and a complete set of back issues of the Quarterly. The Society also welcomes contributions to the collection.
Publications For Sale
The Society has several publications and forms for sale. A price list is available from the Publications Sales Chairman.
Members will receive a quarterly, which is published in the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Back issues are available from the Publications Sales Chairman.
We will do research for you! The cost is $10 per hour prepaid -1 hour minimum - 3 hour maximum. Send your family group sheets with sources of data, and detail your problem area.
Queries are put in the quarterly free for members. Queries for non-members are $2 and limited to 50 words.
Where to write
All correspondence to the Society should be addressed to Rock Island County Illinois Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 3912, Rock Island, IL 61204-3912. Mail should be marked for person intended, i.e. Registrar, Quarterly Editor, Research Chairman, Publications Sales Chairman, etc.
More details about our society are set out in our By-Laws (also see the Standing Rules).