Welcome to the Rock Island County Illinois Genealogical Society! The Society was established in 1972 to help preserve and perpetuate members' ancestral records. Our goal is to help assist members in genealogical research and educate the community on the importance of Rock Island County history.
- Feb. 24th: Tuesday 7:00 pm Butterworth Education Center, Moline, IL “State Capitol” Program; Presented by Rich Morthland
- Feb. 25th: Wed. 3-4pm, Meeting on ‘Restoring Rock Island’s Civil War Monument’ at RI Main Library, 401 19th Street, Rock Island, IL
- Mar. 12th: Thursday 6:30 pm, RICIGS Board of Directors Meeting, 1105 8th St., Moline, IL
- Mar. 21st: Saturday 9-4 Michiana Genealogy Fair 2015; info at www.sbags.org
- Mar. 28-29: Sat. & Sun. Swedish Genealogy Workshop, Lindsborg, KS Details at: www.oldmillmuseum.org
- Apr. 10-11: Fri. & Sat. ‘Uncover Your Ancestors’ Workshop, Burlington, IA Registration Details
- Apr. 25: Sat. 8-4 Quad Cities Genealogical Conference, Moline, IL; Registration Info
- July 11: Saturday 8:30-3:30 McHenry County IL Genealogical Summer Conference; Registration Info
List of Useful Links
- Family Search
- Rock Island County Historical Society
- The Genealogy Center - Allen County Public Library
- National Genealogical Society
- Federation of Genealogical Societies
- Illinois State Genealogical Society
- Rock Island National Cemetery - National Cemetery Administration
- The Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
- Castle Garden
Tuesday, Feb. 24th 7:00 pm
“Illinois State Capitol” Program
Presented by Rich Morthland
Butterworth Education Center
701 12th Avenue, Moline IL
Quad Cities Genealogical Conference
Saturday, April 25th 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Viking Club of Moline,
1450 41st Street, Moline, Illinois
David E. Rencher - Chief Genealogical Officer for FamilySearch
From Ulster to Virginia and the Carolinas
Mining the Destination Data
Introduction to Irish Internet Sites
Effective Use of the Family History Library Catalog
Click for Registration Form
*NEW* Riverside Cemetery Records on CD
An extract of the Official Sexton Records of the Riverside Cemetery, Moline, Illinois, is now available on CD. This CD contains information on over 27,000 burials published as two Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files. Volume 1 includes surnames starting with A – J and covers the years 1873 – 2011. Volume 2 includes Surnames K – Z and covers the years 1873 – 2013. This work includes all burials including the 100’s of burials that never had a grave marker as well as burials where the grave marker is now missing or illegible.
To order and to see information on additional Rock Island County Cemetery CD’s click here.
Genealogical Websites for Rock Island County
A new page has been added under our Online Resources area. This page lists websites that pertain to Rock Island County. Click here to see our new addition.
RICIGS Members: We are in need of your family surnames that you are researching to add to our master list. This is a great way to help other genealogists on their research or connect with a possible family member. They will be added to our “Surnames” page: Surnames
Members may submit a list of Surnames they are researching by using the Member's Surname Submission form. Click here to get the form.
2nd Thursday of each month
6:30 at Oak Room of Butterworth Center
1105 8th Street, Moline, IL
All members welcome!