History Of Crawford And Clark Counties, Illinois 1883, Edited by William Henry Perrin,  (O.L. Baskin & Co., Historical Publishers, Lakeside Building, Chicago 1883),   Part III Biographical Sketches p.84-85.

"A. C. GARRISON, Justice of the Peace, Casey, was born in Coles County June 6, 1841, the fourth child and third son born to Peter Garrison, who was born in Onondaga County, N.Y., in the year 1809, of English descent. He emigrated to this State from New York when a young man, about the year 1826, settling first in Lawrence County, remaining there about two years, when he removed to Crawford County and there about two years, when he removed to Crawford County and there married Parthena Hill, who was born in North Carolina, a daughter of Charles Hill, who located in Crawford County about the year 1816. Peter Garrison was a farmer, and also practiced medicine, and lived in Crawford until 1837, when he removed to Coles County, where he remained until his death. His wife yet survives him. To this couple were born seven children, named John, Charles, Almarinda, Alva Curtis, Mary, Usher C. and Laura. Subject was raised in Coles County on a farm. August 11, 1862, he enlisted Company K, One Hundred and Twenty-third Illinois Volunteer (mounted) Infantry, and in his regiment served until the close of the war, receiving his discharge July 5, 1865.  He was in the battles of Perryville, Chickamauga, Farmington, Selma, and many skirmishes, and escaped unharmed. Upon his return home from war, he came to Coles County. November 9, 1865, he married Mary J., a native of Coles County, and daughter of Arthur Ingrum and Elizabeth Reynolds, the former a native of Kentucky, she of Indiana. The family were early settlers in Coles County, where Mr. Ingrum still resides.  His wife died in 1855 having borne him five children. After Mr. Garrison's marriage, he located in Parker Township and engaged in farming, afterward returning to Coles County and remaining three years, when he located in Casey. He has always been a Republican, and was elected Justice of the Peace in the spring of 1880, which position he yet holds. He has three children --- Retta, Charley and Elver. He is also a member of the Masonic order. Since 1876, Mrs. Garrison has been conducting a millinery and notion store, and does a good business."

-Submitted by Minga (Buckle) Stivers