Search billions of records on

History of Crawford and Clark Counties, Illinois
William Henry Perrin, ed. O. L. Baskin & Company, Historical Publishers
Chicago, Illinois, 1883
Part III, p. 58

Andrew Cork
Clark County, IL

ANDREW CORK, farmer, P. O. Livingston, was born in Berkeley County, W. Va., on the 8th of July, 1802. He is a son of George and Susan Cork. The father
was born in Maryland; the mother was born in Virginia, in which state they were married. they made their residence for several years in Virginia, on the east side of the mountains where five of their family of ten children were born, the subject of this sketch being the fifth. In 1804, the family removed to Harrison County, W. Va., where the other members of the family were born. they moved from West Virginia to Ross County Ohio, in 1822. There Andrew was married in 1834, to miss Nancy Storm, of Ross County, Ohio. She died in Ross County in 1845, leaving a family of four children, besides two who died previous to the death of their mother. Their names are john, Jan, Eliza, Martha, Harrison and Nancy Cork. The oldest of this family, John Cork, was killed in Ross County, Ohio, by thunderbolt. Mr. Andrew Cork was married to Miss Frances J. Clark, his present wife, in 1849 (April 2). She is a daughter of Joseph and Sarah Clark, and was born in Highland County, Ohio, on the 10th of January, 1821. They have one son, Andrew Cork, Jr. He was born in Ross County, Ohio, on the 20th of December, 1854. He was married in Clark County, Ill., February 10, 1875, to Miss Zetta Ball, daughter of Morton and Elizabeth (Leach) Ball. Zetta Ball was born in Franklin County, Ohio, April 10,1858. Andrew and Zetta have four children—Frances J., born November 20, 1875; William M., born May16, 1877; Charles A., born November 2, 1879, and Elizabeth A., born January29, 1882. Mr. Andrew Cork came to this county in 1855, and settled where his brother, Joseph Cork, now lives. he now owns 337 acres of land in Sections 5 and 6 of Wabash Township. The family are members of the Methodist Episcopal Church at Livingston.

Submitted by Robert E. Tapscott.