"History of Logan County, Illinois", published 1886.
pg 297


William H. Young was a member of Colonel Baker's Fourth Regiment in the Mexican war.   Returning home in 1847, he studied law and afterward formed a co-partnership with James S. Jones, under the firm name of Young & Jones This arrangement was discontinued in the early part of 1860, when Jones removed to Champaign, where he still resides.