|-Decatur Genealogical Society-
"Macon County, Illinois"
|Decatur's first courthouse, now located in Fairview Park, was completed in 1832 and was used until 1837. The drawing was made by Mr. Tracy Chen from a photo taken March 13, 1909 by J. K. Stafford. It is one of many fine photographs taken by Mr. Stafford. Prints from his collection of negatives are in the Decatur Public Library.|
|The Carnegie Public Library in Decatur was dedicated July 1, 1903. This library which seved Decatur residents for 70 years was located at the corner of Main and Eldorado Streets. The interior of this building was as beautiful as the exterior. The drawing, made by Mr. Tracey Chen shows the building as it appeared in 1910.|
|This beautiful home, built in 1876 is located on the corner of West Main and Pine Streets in Decatur, Illinois. The drawing was made by Mr. Tracy Chen.|
|The Spring in Fairview Park as it was photographed by Mr. J. K. Stafford March 31, 1909. The Spring was on the south side of the park, west of the place where Park Place enters the park. Prints from Mr. Stafford's. The drawing was made by Mr. Tracey Chen.|
|The drawing by Mr. Tracy Chen, of Decatur shows the West Eldorado Street entrance into Decatur's Fairview Park. This land has been used as a park since 1890 and can evoke memories for most Decatur people as well as many visitors to our city who have passed through these gates. This scene was photographed for a 1908 post card.|