Dr. Angus J. McINTYRE, physician and surgeon, was born in St. Thomas, Elgin County, Canada, in 1852, the son of Archibald and Rachael (McKELLAR) McINTYRE, natives of Argyleshire County, Scotland, and born in 1802 and 1811 respectively. In 1831 the father left his native country and immigrated to Canada, where he married, and purchased a farm of 100 acres in Elgin County, engaging in farming and stock raising. He was quite successful in his business pursuits, and assisted two of his sons to buy 200 acres, besides his own 100. He died in 1874, and his wife in 1883. Nine of their ten children are living: Catherine, Margaret, Duncan, Archibald, Sarah, John, Dugal, Angus J., and Effie. Our subject was educated at the Collegiate Institute at St. Thomas, and when twenty-three became a teacher, so continuing for three years. In 1878 he began the study of medicine under Dr. C. McLURTY, of St. Thomas, for one year. The following year he entered the medical department of the University of Michigan, at Ann Arbor, and January 30, 1881, he graduated as an M.D. Since November of the same year he has been in his present practice at Thompsonville. June 13, 1883, he married Mamie, daughter of Dr. R. POINDEXTER, native of Franklin County. Helen E. is their only child. The Doctor is one of the leading physicians of Franklin County, and has a large and lucrative practice. He is a Master Mason and a Republican, and first voted for Blaine.
Typed by Sheila Smith Cadwalader