|Gallatin Co. Census Records|
Gallatin Co. ILGenWeb
o find a name in the census, go to the appropriate Index file first.
Find the name of the person in the index and note what page number that person is found on
the census. Then, click on the appropriate file.
Researchers should remember that from 1818 to 1847, Gallatin County included the present
county as well as the territory now included in Saline County, and the northeastern third or so of Hardin County (thus Cave-in-Rock Township). The dividing line between Gallatin and
Pope counties ran along the south border of what is now Saline County to its southeastern
corner and then diagonally southeastwards to the Cave-in-Rock (the village, which is west
of the cave sat in Pope County).
- 1820-2004 Population Figures
- Gallatin County's population hit its high point in 1900. Click on the link to see the overall population figures over the years.
- 1818 Territorial Census
The Gallatin County Illinois GenWeb would like to thank the following
people for transcribing these records and allowing them to be placed online for the
USGenWeb Census Project:
- 1820 Census: Mary Hudson, transcriber; Helen Masterson, proofreader.
- 1830 Census: Mary Hudson, transcriber; Helen Masterson, proofreader.
- 1840 Census: Mary Hudson, transcriber; Helen Masterson, proofreader.
- 1850 Census: Virginia K. Wells, transcriber, V. Wells, proofreader.
If you are interested in transcribing or proofreading other census information, please
contact the coordinators at the
USGenWeb Census Project
©2000 Jon Musgrave
You are our 36421 visitor thanks for stopping by!